H-how did we reach August already? I’m pretty sure that I blinked and missed July lol. Here we are at another monthly check in. Hi little ducklings my posts have been a little scant, but I’m back! I have been very busy the last week or so, but I’m here to celebrate the end of one month and the beginning of another!
~All the bookish and the blog-ish~
Started really getting into those not just book review posts #WednesdayWrites
(as per what I promised I tried to do a bit more not just book reviews and have some bookish even some writing posts)
Read a few books:
- The Glass Arrow | Kristen Simmons (book review here)
- Once and For All | Sarah Dessen (book review here)
- The Survival Kit | Donna Freitas (book review here)
- Nemesis | Anna Banks (which I haven’t written a book review for yet BUT I NEED TO BECAUSE IT WAS SO GOOD)
I talked about my Top 3 Reasons Why Fantasy is my Favorite Genre.
I will stand by my reasons and favorite genre forever. Fantasy will always be my #1! What’s yours?
I had a lot of fun writing that post. I don’t have a favorite author. Asking me that question will just get a heated response. Its too hard too pick, and not without reason!
Made a twitter for my book blog! (Follow me @EB_Bookish)
~All The Personal~
- I have made and just about finished 3 junk journals from scratch (I have been so busy working on these lol) This is probably the most notable of things that I did during July.
- This month was my first month with my pay raise and it felt GOOD. I also started going out this month. Going out to work instead of just staying home (I normally work from home).
- I’m planning a second tattoo. LOL I said that I would only get one, but I’ve been thinking about getting another one since I got the first.
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for 1.5 years now (is this TMI? lol I’ll stop now)
Welp lil duckies that’s all I got for July. I kind of wish I could have done more, but I didn’t make a plan for myself and without that… I didn’t do anything. It’s a huge shame that I didn’t do that.
What’s done is done now I’ll just have to do better this month!
- Fanfiction – The Pros and Cons (as a writer)
- That Character Journals 2.0 post that I never got around to finishing
- Writing Prompts
- More #WednesdayWrites (I’ll be participating in May’s Scribbler’s Challenge starting soon!)
To Do in August
- Pick something new to learn
- Actually start properly keeping track of all the books I read (it’s a disorganized mess right now lol)
- Work on my novel (Word Count Goal: 10,000 | Current Count: 2250)
How was your July? What’s up for August? Are there any books set for release this August that you think I should read?
Connect with me on other social media!